Company Name: AI Foods Pty Ltd trading as Adyar Ananda Bhavan
Salary: 60,000 plus super per annum
Work type: Full Time
Adyar Ananda Bhavan (also known as A2B) is a chain of vegetarian restaurants and confectioners headquartered in Adyar, Chennai, India. It is the oldest such chain in Chennai and has 140 outlets across India.
Adyar Ananda Bhavan is opening their first franchise in Melbourne. Melbourne based location, the restaurant is looking to hire one chef for the grand opening.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Plan and organise the preparation and cooking of high-quality food in dining and catering establishments.
- Planning the menus, estimating food and labour coasts, ordering food supplies.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers.
- To cook and season South Indian dishes(Sambar, Rasam, Pongal, Dosai, Idly, Parotta, different types of rice etc and other Indian sweets and snacks)
- Discussing food preparation issues with managers, dietitians, kitchen and waiting staff.
- Freeze and preserve food as per requirement.
- Responsible for quality control of all dishes to ensure consistent taste, flavour, presentation and delivery.
- Preparing food to meet special dietary requirements.
- Maintaining an effective operation of the kitchen.
- Ensuring strict compliance with hygiene and food safety requirements.
- Attention to detail
- Training other kitchen staff and apprentice
- Organising duty roster of the staff
To be successful for this position, you must possess the following:
- Minimum Qualification is Diploma in Hospitality. Adequate experience may be acceptable in lieu of formal qualifications.
- Enthusiastic and proactive with excellent communication skills.
- Good leadership skill with attention to detail.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.